Navigation Menu

Lackadaisical

travel, germany, aachen, triple-border, photography, singapore, blogger



Before I start my exchange journey, I thought I would have exciting things to blog about everyday. 




travel, germany, aachen, triple-border, photography, singapore, blogger
travel, germany, aachen, triple-border, photography, singapore, blogger
travel, germany, aachen, triple-border, photography, singapore, blogger
travel, germany, aachen, triple-border, photography, singapore, blogger
travel, germany, aachen, triple-border, photography, singapore, blogger
travel, germany, aachen, triple-border, photography, singapore, blogger
travel, germany, aachen, triple-border, photography, singapore, blogger
travel, germany, aachen, triple-border, photography, singapore, blogger
travel, germany, aachen, triple-border, photography, singapore, blogger
travel, germany, aachen, triple-border, photography, singapore, blogger
travel, germany, aachen, triple-border, photography, singapore, blogger


Before I start my exchange journey, I thought I would have exciting things to blog about everyday. However, now I realised, not that I don't have anything interesting to share, but there are just not enough time for everything. My typical day filled with getting over a hangover, going to school, trying to catch up on readings, thinking of what to cook for lunch&dinner, buy grocery, topping up transportation card, blah blah and blah. 

I really do look forward to weekends, just stopping everything for a while, and take a stroll out of town. Just taking it slowly, with a good cup of latte macchiato. I really love latte macchiato, no reasons. We went to Aachen, Germany last Sunday. Everything was closed, so we end up in this super lovely cafe around the corner of the town hall. Its filled with lovely cakes and old couples enjoying their brunch. This time, there is something else sweeter than the cake, and warmer than the coffee. The old grandpa and grandma are so lovely that even when both of them are holding on to a walking stick each, before they left, the grandpa helped her to put on her coat, and she helped him to wear his cap. Scenes like that do sometimes give me some hope that maybe true relationship still exists. Its hard to find, and to maintain, but it does exist. Also, it reminds me of my grandpa and grandma back in Shanghai. 

Sometimes, I really feel very bad traveling, using my parents money, while they are not here with me, yet working back home. And, maybe the elder generation, like my grandparents deserve to see and experience all these instead of me. Cos' I am young, and there are much more chances for me to see all these with my own abilities in the future. 

With a good rest in Aachen, it pretty much helped me balanced out a lot of this terrible week. We then moved on to the three-country border- Germany, Belgium and Netherlands. Its a good place to chill again, we were so grateful of the good weather today. 

Overall, this trip was really impromptu, slow-paced and relaxing. We just travelled while following our hearts, with no 3G, no wifi, no maps, just some very basic research on buses and trains the night before, and given direction from very friendly people on our way.

Follow your heart and you'll find your way.