Navigation Menu

Sweet Antique



I have past by this very down-to-earth dessert shop many times, and I never had the time to try it out. 







Finally, the other day, after my lesson ended (by now you should realised my schedule is really slacked,  mostly, I only have 1 two-hour lesson on mon-thur. However, the shortfall of that, is everyone else schedule is really packed, and will end the term in end may, while I will be here alone till mid June.).

The whole shop is full of cakes, pastries and chocolates. The owner is this kind white-hair granny who serves us not only with delicious cake and coffee, but with care and love too. The whole shop just gives me a very heartwarming feeling. Most people just buy take out, so I am pretty much the only person in the shop, and the old shop lady is always busy in the kitchen. That gives me my much needed alone-time, to take a breather and just people watch from the big window. However, the chocolates left right next to the window serve as a big distraction for me. 

The shop lady also uses this super super antique cash machine, that look like this. Even making payment is such a joy now.

For such lovely environment and service, you may expect that the price be sky high, like all the cafes in Singapore. But, the price is beyond affordable than you think. The cakes cost around 1.80Euros only. I really enjoyed their Champagne cake (the chocolate looking one in the photo). I am totally drunk in the atmosphere.