Navigation Menu

Lap of Luxury

Switzerland, travel diary, photography, scenery, singapore blogger


I've found my next destination.





Switzerland, travel diary, photography, scenery, singapore blogger
Switzerland, travel diary, photography, scenery, singapore blogger
Switzerland, travel diary, photography, scenery, singapore blogger
Switzerland, travel diary, photography, scenery, singapore blogger
Switzerland, travel diary, photography, scenery, singapore blogger
Switzerland, travel diary, photography, scenery, singapore blogger
Switzerland, travel diary, photography, scenery, singapore blogger
Switzerland, travel diary, photography, scenery, singapore blogger
Switzerland, travel diary, photography, scenery


Took a weekend off from my hectic school schedule and went to the pretty city of Zurich. I wasn't expecting much from it, however, the moment we got off the plane, we were greeted by the best weather I've experienced so far in my 4 months here in Europe. The train ride to the city was also the best scenery train trip I ever had in the past 4 months, with its mountainous scope filled with blooming flowers.

Once we got into the city, its so magical. The whole vibe and atmosphere with the awesome most weather, theres nothing bad I can say about this city. Zurich, or rather, Switzerland has gave us many surprises; (1) it is definitely the cleanest european city I have been to so far, (2) the place looks so refine and classy, even in the suburb areas, (3) the most stylish european award definitely goes to the Swiss people (Everyone from teens to middle age uncles dressed up so nicely with all the best match of colours), (4) oh boy oh, Swiss guys definitely melt my heart (upcoming love story in my next post), I personally think that Swiss guys are the cutest among the europeans, (5) how ridiculously expensive it is to live in Switzerland. 

Let me elaborate the last point. The price of the McDonald Big Mac is about FR12, which is like about SGD17. That itself, says it all. Prices of a beer in a restaurant is about Euro6, while in Holland we can easily get a beer at Euro2.50. Prices of an Absinthe shot is Euro6.50, while we got Euro3 Absinthe shot in Brussels. That's how expensive Switzerland is. Entrance fee of going in to a club is about Euro22, while clubs are free of entry in Holland, and even Singapore's club's entrance fee is lower than this. Many have warned me before going there, but I didn't realise it was that expensive and I think my 3 days trip in Switzerland costed almost as much as my entire Eastern Europe trip. 

Oh, and did I mention the amount of Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Audi, etc I have seen on the street. 

Well, I guess if you have a job there and is earning Swiss Franc, maybe you will not feel that much of a pinch. 

However, despite being a broke in Switzerland, surviving on 2 meals per day, personally I really love the country. Given a chance, I will definitely want to revisit the place, for work, study or leisure. 

Also, this is a special trip as well. As exchange is coming to an end for many people, this was one of our last few trips that we are going to travel together. No regrets, and we really fully explored the city, day and night. Conveniently, there were many bars and clubs around our hotel, and we went to 2 different clubs on the 2 separate nights. It was definitely an experience to remember, trying out different clubbing cultures, and having as many eye-candies as I can. After all, I don't think I will ever get to travel this freely, wildly, and crazily after this exchange. I am getting old too.

Owell, I really miss Switzerland, and the terrible weather in Holland is not helping at all. Besides, I left my heart on the bus to Strasbourg with the bluest pair of eyes I ever seen. (Coming soon...)