Navigation Menu

Shrine



Shrine can be more exciting than you are expecting.






One of my favourite sets of photo taken in Tokyo. You can tell that these were taken later during the trip from the advancement of the photo quality as we finally get a better hang of the new lens. This was taken at the must-visit place in tokyo- Meiji Shrine. Although it is situated at one of the most crowded and vibrant part of the city, in Shibuya and near the famous Harajuku street, the tranquility hits us almost instantly when we start taking the pebble path with shades. It is so well covered by the tress that you can feel the temperature is obviously lower than outside. We also have the privileged to witness the traditional wedding procession of 2 couples on that lovely Sunday. Beside appreciating the architecture, culture, and heritage of the almost a century old establishment from a far, we also tried our best to pose and capture the essence of every single pillar. I am kidding. 

As I told Wendy, I have been to countless castles, european palace, churches, even the Korean Gyeongbokgung palace and now adding on the Japanese shrine to the list, but I have never even been to the majesty Forbidden City of my home country. A little sense of embarrassment there, I hope to add that on to my list some day.

P.S Finally make good use of my wool hat that was too hot to handle in Singapore like that time.