Navigation Menu

Over One's Head




Same but different






Sun, Sand, Sea.

But different.

As I lay on the sun bed and look at the scenery ahead of me, I can't help but to remember the last stop of my exchange in Europe where Wendy and I just took an afternoon nap on the beach of Santorini. It feels so similar yet so different. The sand, the wind, the sun, the sea, the mood, feels all different. Then, I was contemplating on how I was going to settle back in to my regular school boring life once I reached back Singapore in a few days time. Now, I am pondering on what I am going to do with my life. The moment is gone. And I am certain that if it is hard to grasp on to time, it is even harder to grasp on a exact moment with the exact feeling and thoughts. 

That again, makes me marvel at the wonder of life itself. It can be excruciating at times but that makes it so unique and precious. Every second is distinct. Some day, you may be longing for the taste of that moment but it will never be the same again.