Navigation Menu

What to do in London



Guest Post by Tiffany Yang (www.thelookingglassbyty.com)

I thought it would be nice to have some new perspective and visuals from some other parts of the world rather than just from my usual circle, so I'm glad when Tiffany agreed to trade a blog post with me. Hope you like this fresh concept on Xincerely, and let me know if you want to see more of such collaborations. I am also really happy to be able to make friends through this blog-a-sphere. So drop me a mail (yoursxincerelyinfo@gmail.com) or if you have anything in mind or even just to say hi! 





This month marks my official 7th month in London. It took me a while to get use to the city, but I think this is one of the best decisions I've ever made. I love the hustle & bustle, the best cafes, the arts and the designer boutiques. In about two weeks, a few of my friends are gonna visit the city. I'm so excited, wondering where should I take them. I mean, there are just so many wonderful places in London. Anyways, here are my 4 favourite spots to go in London. 

Notting Hill 
My love for Notting Hill is an undying one. It's so nice and quite in the mornings, so different from the busy central area (which I equally love). It feels nice to come here once in while, to see the same people from the same coffee shop, recognise the man who sells flowers, or the old lady at the street food booth. Wondering around, you'll be amazed by all the beautiful and stylish houses. The pretty white ones with cool sleek black doors. Oh, how I hope I can own one of those town houses some day. Notting Hill is also a great place to discover cool and inexpensive stuff. So, definitely first on my list. 

Victoria and Albert Museum
'Do not miss the V&A!' This is what my friend told me when I first arrive the city. The V&A is not your average museum, it is a place of communication, a portal to the depths of designs, arts, history and decoration. Picture this, a museum not only with pieces that are so beautiful that you actually have to stare and study the small information card aside, also with those you can easily understand but still left with a grin. 

Covent Garden 
Any Audrey Hepburn fans out there? I'm sure you'll recognise Covent Garden from the Fair Lady. Covent Garden is one those shopping places I prefer comparing to the busy Oxford st. There's not much crowd and the shops are amazing. Larsson & Jennings, Caudalie, and Kikki.K, just to name a few. Plus, you can always enjoy a Shack Burger when you're feeling hungry. 

Tap Coffee 
Last but not least, Tap Coffee No.193, is one of the most Instagrammed cafĂ© in central London. The sleek wooden industrial design is what draw me to the place. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, so I can't really comment on it, but they do offer a lot of teas which I personally really like. And if you're in for some dessert, don't miss the brownie. A perfect treat for rainy London afternoons. 


And there you have it, my four favourite spots in London. I hope you enjoyed it. :)



All visuals and write up by Tiffany Yang (www.thelookingglassbyty.com)