Navigation Menu

Single


"The thing about being single is, you should cherish it.
Because, in a week, or a lifetime, of being alone, you may only get one moment, 
when you’re not tied up in a relationship with anyone.
One moment, when you stand on your own."






Last Saturday night, I spent it in bed watching "How to be Single". Before I started the show, I was thinking do I really need to know how, I am doing a pretty good job in that already. 

Still, for such a mainstream movie, I actually did have some takeaways from it. A thing that strike me is that we are always in a relationship, with someone, it may not be your girlfriend/boyfriend, but in general, we are always creating and maintain relationship with others. Sometimes we forget that the word "relationship" means more than just getting together as couples. There are still so many types of relationship around. The truth is you'll probably be in a relationship all the time, there is actually only split moments that you're truly single. So why not treasure it and really own it. To really concentrate on "me" and do what "I" please. 

"This story isn’t about relationships. It’s about all those times in between
when maybe, just maybe, our real life is happening."

I feel like ever since I started working, I have been chasing after time. I really want some time to sit down by myself and think of what are some things I really want to do but haven't got the chance to yet. Life is so much more than just working, and I really don't want to be missing out the years. 

Ok, let me report back soon on the list I have created.



P.S Who wears a bomber jacket in Singapore?!