Navigation Menu

Where to eat in Barcelona


Let's leave tapas and paella aside for a moment, let me show you another side of Barcelona's greatest food.



Carrer d'Enric Granados, 19, 08007 Barcelona, Spain


Wok to Walk
La Rambla, 95

Carrer del Carme, 3, 08001 Barcelona, Spain


La Boqueria
La Rambla, 91, 08001 Barcelona, Spain



During my trip to Spain, we had a good part of our time and money spent on good food. I have found a few of my favourite eat out places which I am missing dearly ever since I am back. So can't wait to share it all with you guys. If you have visit Barcelona, why not give these places a try!

1. Brunch & Cake

This is a small shop around the corner of University of Barcelona (lucky the students!), and don't get fool by the look. It is really petite and if its crowded you may have to wait to get seats. We went early in the morning so we were probably the first few customers of the day as it was rather empty. Every corner of this shop is so photogenic, as you can probably tell from my photos already. When our food was served, we were pleasantly surprised by the huge portion of it. Also, their presentation and display were so detailed as well! That brunch was so filling that I only had my next meal late at night. I planned to go back again to try the other things on the menu too, but unfortunately did not get the luxury of time to do so. It will definitely be on top of my to visit place if I ever go back Barcelona again!

2. Wok to Walk

This is a asian-inspired takeout chain restaurant throughout Europe. However, this particular one really stood out with their endless long queue. Why? #1 tip of a successful business - find a good location. It is located right at beside La Boqueria (the must visit market in Barcelona) on La Rambla (one of the busiest street in Barcelona). After days of western food, it was really nice to have a affordable, accessible and tasty Asian food. 

3. Chök

I seriously fall in love with this bakery, I went back three times during my stay. It was a really petite shop (even smaller that Brunch & Cake) located in one of the alleys. The freshly baked Kronuts sitting beside the window are just so damn enticing! Everything in the shop looks so fresh, so colourful, so inviting and so tasty! No matter how full you are, you will just want to get something from that shop. I really miss it so much now!

4. La Boqueria

As mentioned above, it is the market to go in Barcelona. This is one of those cliche must visit places where you can find it in almost every travel guide. It definitely did not disappoint, with so many local food choices, you will definitely find something for you. Even if it doesn't satisfy your stomach, it will satisfy your eyes. I tried 3 different types of fruit juice and let me tell you, Spain's fruits do not kid you with the look. So amazing!